Job Opportunity: Summer Camp Counselor
As a Summer Camp Counselor, you’ll play an important role in providing a fun, engaging and safe environment for our campers. You will lead children between 5 and 12 years of age during weekly themed camps throughout the summer. Counselors will also greatly contribute to the City of Euclid and Euclid Recreation Department’s ongoing efforts to grow happy, healthy, and responsible children.
A typical day for Summer Camp Counselor could include:
- Helping parents and children through the drop-off/sign-in process
- Lead children through fun and exciting camp activities
- Encouraging campers to participate in games and activities
- Teach campers good behaviors by communicating and leading by example
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually keep campers active and engaged in fun and challenging activities while maintaining a safe environment
- Follow and execute activities according to pre-designed daily lesson plans
- Lead a group of campers ages 5–12 with a fun, positive and outgoing attitude
- Act as a role model to all children attending camp
- Interact with children, parents/guardians and co-workers in a professional manner at all times
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures for camps
- Immediately report suspicious or inappropriate behaviors or abuse relating to youth
All interested persons should submit resumes to JGerrick@CityOfEuclid.com. Special consideration will be given to applicants who provide a copy of a positive transcript or letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, or faculty member.