Job Opportunity: Lifeguard
City of Euclid
Job Title: Lifeguard – Seasonal (83) Part-time
Department: Parks and Recreation (81)
Status: A. Classified B. Nonexempt - FLSA
Responsible for the safety and welfare of pool patrons through enforcement of policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of individuals using the pool. Works under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Responsible for the safety of facilities patrons.
- Must be alert at all times.
- Maintain order in pool.
- Enforce all rules, policies, procedures, regulations and render discipline when necessary in a consistent manner.
- Recognize and respond to situations occurring in and around the pool area, including lobby, changing room and restrooms.
- Report definite or potential physical hazards, unsafe conditions, complaints or patrons to management.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Never leave the pool unattended.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The description above represents the most significant duties of this position, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Medium work. Outdoors. Physical activity: swimming, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
Minimum age of 15 (lifeguard) as ARC. Valid Current Certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED.Pre-employment testing of swimming ability, lifeguarding skills and knowledge. Flexibility of scheduling. Decision making skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Punctuality.
The City of Euclid does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Applications can be obtained from the Receptionist in City Hall Lobby or at cityofeuclid.com. Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com. Please submit applications and/or resumes to Human Resources. Position will remain open until filled.
Early mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends may be required
Pay Rate: $8.55/hour
Contact Person: Mac Stephens