Job Opportunity: Mechanic
City of Euclid Job Posting
Job Title: Mechanic
Department: Motor Maintenance (15)
Status: A. Classified. B. Non-Exempt - FLSA
The Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, testing, repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining in operating condition all gas/diesel engines used in the City of Euclid automobile/truck fleet and off-the-road equipment. The Mechanic works under the immediate direction of the Superintendent of Motor Maintenance.
- Examine vehicle to determine nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
- Remove and disassemble unit, such as engine, transmission or differential and inspects parts for wear.
- Repair or replace parts, such as pistons, rods, gears and bearings.
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, pumps, etc.
- Rebuild parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Rewire ignition system; reline brakes; align front end.
- Mend damaged body and fenders; fill in dents, weld broken parts.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Superintendent, or in his absence, the General Foreman.
(The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned.)
Work Environment: Heavy work (exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally). Indoor/outdoor. Subject to hazards: moving mechanical parts, electrical current, fumes, odors, dust, gases, chemicals; oils, noise. Physical activity: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping and feeling. Repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Requirements: High school diploma. Commercial driver's license. Gasoline/diesel engine certification and three years' experience. Ability to: Express and exchange ideas and instructions accurately and clearly.
The City of Euclid does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Applications can be obtained from the Receptionist or online; resume and cover letter can be submitted online to email@example.com. Current employees please use an Internal Application.
Full time/ M-F
7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Pay Rate $27.74/hour
Contact: Dan Knecht