Job Opportunity: DEPUTY CLERK
EUCLID MUNICIPAL COURT
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Clerk is responsible for filing, entering, maintaining and scheduling civil/traffic/criminal actions filed with the Court; entering all filings, pleadings and journal entries into the Court’s case management system, issuing warrants/service of summons/notices, processing of post-judgment remedies, answering telephone inquiries and providing general assistance to the public.
Candidates must possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to work effectively and interact with attorneys, litigants, defendants, general public and co-workers in an even tempered, patient and courteous manner. Basic knowledge of Court and general office terminology and procedures; problem-solving; using available office technology; and completing work accurately and timely are essential skills. Must possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or equivalency.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filing, entering, maintaining and scheduling of civil/traffic/criminal actions filed.
- Timely and accurate entering of all filings, pleadings and journal entries into case management system.
- Generate and issue notices to parties.
- Scanning of documents.
- Regular placement and retrieval of case files to and from various file room areas.
- Answering telephone inquiries and assisting all Court users.
- Assist in the processing and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail.
- Effectively interacting with the public, Court users, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to follow directions and exercise good judgment in the application of prescribed procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and documents.
- Any other related duties as required or requested by the Euclid Municipal Court Judge, Magistrates, Clerk of Court and/or Chief Deputy Clerks.
The City of Euclid / Euclid Municipal does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Pay rate: $15.00/hour
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Appointing Authority: Judge
Hiring Manager: Keith M. Hurley, Clerk of Court
Reports to: Chief Deputy
Application form can be found at http://www.cityofeuclid.com/about/jobs
Completed application and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to: Keith M. Hurley, Clerk of Court
Euclid Municipal Court
555 East 222nd Street
Euclid OH 44123