EUCLID MUNICIPAL COURT RENT ESCROW PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- You must be a resident of the City of Euclid.
- You must be current with rental payments and have no eviction filed against you in the Court.
- Along with your current rental payment, you must supply your landlord/rental agent, a letter indicating what issues and/or repairs need to be addressed. You must state in the letter that the landlord/rental agent has 30 days to make the necessary repairs, and that it is your intention to enter into the Euclid Municipal Court Rent Escrow Program if they fail to do so. Be sure your letter is dated.
- Keep a copy of the dated letter. You will be required to provide the Court a copy of the letter at the time you enter into the Rent Escrow Program.
- If you choose to enter into the Rent Escrow Program, call the Court at 216-289-2888, Opt. 4, to schedule an appointment. This should be done 3-5 days in advance.
- When you arrive at your scheduled appointment, you must bring a copy of the letter that was sent to your landlord/rental agent, the name and complete mailing address to which you would normally submit your payments, and your current month's rental payment made payable to the Euclid Municipal Court.
- All future payments into the Rent Escrow Program are due to the Court on the same date as your normal rental due date. Any payment made after the scheduled due date will not be accepted by the Court.
- All deposit payments must be made by CASH, CHECK or MONEY ORDER. Credit/Debit cards are NOT accepted.
This entry amends the journal entry of this Court dated May 1,2012, which created the fees and cost schedule of this Court. Effective March 14,2018 the cost to file an application to release rental escrow rent is one hundred thirty dollars ($130.00). SO ORDERED March 14,2018