1255 Euclid Avenue, Suite 300
Cleveland, OH 44115
- Towards Employment’s mission is to empower individuals to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency. Since 1976, Towards Employment has helped more than 120,000 low-income and disadvantaged adults in Greater Cleveland find jobs. They help individual job seekers from diverse backgrounds in providing a holistic approach to help gain necessary employability skills, with a network of local employers.
- Towards Employment’s clients transitioning off of welfare, out of prison, or off the streets face complex barriers when entering the job market. Therefore a holistic approach is provided to ensure that clients emerge competitive for the job market.
- The Job Readiness Program provides these four steps as a pathway to competitiveness in the workforce: 1) Prepare for the Job; 2) Get the Job; 3) Keep the Job; 4) Move into a Career.
- There is a job retention rate of 80% among Towards Employment clients beyond the first 90 days of employment.
- Clients also enjoy various support services to help make the transition as smooth as possible for the clients. This is done through a partnership with the United Way of Greater Cleveland.
- Legal Support is provided for clients who face legal issues that often hinder employment, or the client’s ability to perform their job effectively after graduating from the Job Readiness program.