Obtaining a Fire Hydrant Permit in the City of Euclid
According to Euclid Codified Ordinance 1590.16, a permit is required to use a fire hydrant in the City of Euclid. Permit fees are as follow:
CONTRACTOR: $25/day or $100 per week. Deposit of $350 required to obtain permit.
RESIDENT: Fee waived. Deposit of $100 required to obtain permit.
You will need the following in order to complete the process:
- Completed and signed permission letter and application
- Water use permit (Issued by Cleveland Water Department)
- A check or money order for the required deposit
- The total distance (in feet) of hose you will need to complete your project.
The process on how to obtain a permit is as follows:
- Complete the Fire Hydrant Permit application and permission letter (available at Hydrant Permit Application or by calling 216-289-8402.)
- Submit above to the Fire Prevention Bureau by email to email@example.com. You can also submit via USPS or in person (see below).
- Once your application has been reviewed and signed by the Fire Chief, you can use the permission letter to obtain a permit from the Cleveland Water Department. Contact the City of Cleveland Division of Water at 216-644-2444 ext 5209 for directions on how to obtain your water permit. More information is available at http://www.clevelandwater.com/construction/permits/temporary-hydrant-permit
- Once you obtain a permit from the City of Cleveland, you bring the permit along with a check or money order for the deposit to Fire Department Headquarters between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Fire Department Headquarters is located at 775 E. 222nd Street. Park in the lot off Tracy and ring the bell at the door marked Fire Department Administration on the north end of the building in the rear. You must call a minimum 24 hours in advance to ensure that the equipment is available. If equipment is not available, you will be put on a waiting list and will be called when the equipment becomes available.
- You will be issued a gate valve, hydrant wrench, and the required sections of fire hose. YOU MUST USE THE ISSUED EQUIPMENT.
- When you are finished, you return the equipment to Fire Department Headquarters.
- Once the hydrant is inspected, your deposit will be refunded (minus the permit fee) by check from the finance department in 2-3 weeks.
If you have any questions regarding this process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-8425.