Garage Sale Guidelines
Please review the following rules before holding your garage sale
- Sales may be held during daylight hours ONLY (limited to 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
- A resident or single address shall be limited to 3 garage sales per calendar year.
- Each garage sale shall be limited to 3 consecutive calendar days. (A garage sale may be held on any day of the week.)
- Signs or advertisements shall NOT be placed in the public right-of-way, on telephone poles, stop signs, parking signs, etc., and NEVER on any tree lawns. Garage sale signs shall be exhibited only during the hours of the sale and must be removed within 12 hours after the event.
- A garage sale may be held either in or about the garage structure or in a rear yard, as describe in Section 1383.02 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Euclid.
- No garage sale may be held in a front or side yard at the site of the sale (except with the permission of the Housing Manager).
- ALL TRAFFIC CODES MUST BE FOLLOWED!
1. First Offense of any of the above: The owner will be issued a warning citation. A copy of the current Ordinance shall be included with the warning citation. The delivery of the Rules shall be recorded and kept by the Housing Department.
2. Second Offense of any of the above: The owner shall be issued a non-compliance citation that shall include an assessment fee of $35. This fee is due and payable to the City of Euclid within 30 days of issuance.
3. Failure to comply with the Second Offense or failure to comply with any provision of Chapter 1744 for a Third or subsequent time at the same address will result in a misdemeanor of the Fourth Degree carrying a fine of not more than $250, or imprisonment of up to 30 days, or both, for each offense.