- Does the City have any programs to assist with home improvement projects?
Yes! There are two programs sponsored by the City, in partnership with HUD that provide assistance with home improvements.
- Euclid Development Corporation (EDCOR) Low Interest Home Improvement Loan Program: This is a straight 3% loan that allows for up to $30,000 for needed and wanted home improvements and remodeling. Call (216) 289-4625 for more information.
- Weatherization / Special Projects: A "free" program to aid with weatherizing homes to aid with comfort and utilities. This program includes vinyl siding, "no cost" furnace cleaning and inspection, deadbolt locks, smoke alarms, handicapped ramps, handrails and grab bars, and more. For more information, contact the Weatherization Department at (216) 289-8562. Both programs are governed by HUD's income guidelines.
- What is the Homestead Exemption and how do I qualify for it?
A discount not to exceed 45% of the total annual capital charges included in the sewer service billings. To qualify, a Euclid resident must be permanently and totally disabled, or sixty-five (65) years of age and older, or otherwise as provided by law and who have applied for and received the Homestead exemption status allowed by the Cleveland Water Department. The mayor may apply the discount by a uniform reduction on all billings or by a reduction not to exceed 40% on any single quarterly bill.
- How do I assume the violations on a property I am purchasing?
- How should I prepare for a Point of Sale or Rental inspection?