Vital Statistics FAQs

What are your normal hours of operation?

Monday through Friday 11 am. to 3 pm. continuously. 

Can anyone obtain their birth certificate at the Euclid Municipal Center?

Yes, ANYONE born in the State of Ohio may obtain their birth certificate at the Euclid Municipal Center.

What is a certified birth or death certificate and what is the cost?

A certified birth or death certificate is a copy that has a raised seal on it. The cost is $25 per certified copy.

Can I request a copy of my birth/death certificate over the phone?

Yes, for an additional processing fee of $5 you can order your birth certificate or EUCLID DEATHS ONLY death certificate over the phone with a credit card.

Can you fax me my birth certificate?

No, because we need to have payment before we issue the certificate. Also, a faxed copy would not have the raised seal, which is required on a certified copy.

Do you accept credit cards for payment?

Yes, we accept all four major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) either in person, over the phone, or by mail in request.

How do I obtain a certified birth or death certificate? Do I need to bring anything?

Whether purchasing a birth or death certificate, you must fill out the appropriate application. You do not need to bring anything except the payment of $25 per copy. The whole process takes approximately 30 minutes.  If payment is made by check, a State-Issued ID is required.

How do I write in for my birth certificate?

You need to send information that is found on your birth certificate: - Full Name, including middle name - Date of Birth - Parents Names, including Mother's Maiden Name. You need to send this information along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a money order payable to: The Bureau of Vital Statistics. If you are located in Ohio, you can send in a personal check in place of the money order. The information, self-address stamped envelope, and payment should be mailed to Euclid Vital Statistics, 585 East 222nd Street, Euclid, OH 44123.

I'm going to Mexico and/or Canada. Do I need my birth certificate?

Since 911, the Federal Government has mandated that when you leave or enter the United States, a Passport is Mandatory.

Where are you located?

In the Euclid Municipal Center which is located on East 222nd Street between Euclid Public Library and the Police Station.

Where can I obtain an application for a passport?

You can obtain a passport application at any post office. Call the specific post office for the hours.

Can I get a Marriage License at City Hall?

No, Marriage Licenses must be obtained at Cuyahoga County Probate Court.