Vital Statistics FAQs
- What are your normal hours of operation?
Monday through Friday 11 am. to 3 pm. continuously.
- Can anyone obtain their birth certificate at the Euclid Municipal Center?
Yes, ANYONE born in the State of Ohio may obtain their birth certificate at the Euclid Municipal Center.
- What is a certified birth or death certificate and what is the cost?
A certified birth or death certificate is a copy that has a raised seal on it. The cost is $25 per certified copy.
- Can I request a copy of my birth/death certificate over the phone?
Yes, for an additional processing fee of $5 you can order your birth certificate or EUCLID DEATHS ONLY death certificate over the phone with a credit card.
- Can you fax me my birth certificate?
No, because we need to have payment before we issue the certificate. Also, a faxed copy would not have the raised seal, which is required on a certified copy.
- Do you accept credit cards for payment?
Yes, we accept all four major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) either in person, over the phone, or by mail in request.
- How do I obtain a certified birth or death certificate? Do I need to bring anything?
Whether purchasing a birth or death certificate, you must fill out the appropriate application. You do not need to bring anything except the payment of $25 per copy. The whole process takes approximately 30 minutes. If payment is made by check, a State-Issued ID is required.
- How do I write in for my birth certificate?
You need to send information that is found on your birth certificate: - Full Name, including middle name - Date of Birth - Parents Names, including Mother's Maiden Name. You need to send this information along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a money order payable to: The Bureau of Vital Statistics. If you are located in Ohio, you can send in a personal check in place of the money order. The information, self-address stamped envelope, and payment should be mailed to Euclid Vital Statistics, 585 East 222nd Street, Euclid, OH 44123.
- I'm going to Mexico and/or Canada. Do I need my birth certificate?
Since 911, the Federal Government has mandated that when you leave or enter the United States, a Passport is Mandatory.
- Where are you located?
In the Euclid Municipal Center which is located on East 222nd Street between Euclid Public Library and the Police Station.
- Where can I obtain an application for a passport?
You can obtain a passport application at any post office. Call the specific post office for the hours.
- Can I get a Marriage License at City Hall?
No, Marriage Licenses must be obtained at Cuyahoga County Probate Court.