Rubbish Collection FAQs
- What is this Fee for?
This is a monthly fee for Trash Collection. It was passed by Council on June 16, 2014 per Ordinance #74-2014. Although no one likes to pay more, especially in these trying times, these fees are essential for the short and long-term viability of the City of Euclid.
- How long will I have to pay this fee?
The ordinance provides for the fee to remain in effect for a two year period.
- How much will it be each time?
The cost shall be $9 per month per unit, billed in 6 month increments with your Property Tax Bills issued by Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer.
- When will I be billed?
Billing will occur twice a year, and included with your Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer Property Tax Bills sent out in June and December of each year.
The Trash Fee will be listed on your Property Tax Bill as Special Assessments. The Trash Assessments are listed as the Current Fiscal Year and NOT a year behind as are your Property Taxes.
- Where will the bill be sent?
Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer will send the bills to the property address or the tax mailing address of each property.
- I am on a fixed income, is there a reduction in fee for me?
Yes, you may apply for a reduction for the following reason:
- If you are 65 or older and permanently and totally disabled AND your household income does not exceed $31,000.00. You must provide tax returns to determine your level of income. The reduction would be to $7 per month or $24 off per year. Click here for the application.
- There are no discounts for Vacant Properties at this time.
- Where do I find the forms for the reduction of fee?
The best method is to obtain the forms from City Hall in the Vital Statistics Department off the Lobby or print them from the website and bring them in to City Hall. A copy of your most recently filed federal income tax return or social security statement must be submitted with the application and affidavit. A notary will be available to notarize your application and can also make a copy for you to keep for your records.
- Will I be assessed a late fee and when will that occur?
Yes, there will be a 10% late fee applied if the payment is not received by the due date.
- What if I choose not to pay?
The fee and any penalties will be carried over to the next billing year with the County Fiscal Office.
- Who should I contact if I have questions that are not addressed here?
Any questions about Trash Collection Fees, Please Call 216-289-2765.