E. 222nd Street Reconstruction Project
February 8, 2019
Work completed this past week:
- Residential water service connection corrective work off of the existing 16” watermain finished along the west side of East 222nd St. between Fuller Ave. and Priday Ave..
- Sawcut finished along the west side of East 222nd Street between Fox Ave. and Babbitt Road for 6” watermain installation and curb replacement.
- Curb removal finished along the west side of East 222nd Street between Fox Ave. and Babbitt Road.
- Intersection pavement repair due to watermain connections finished at Priday Ave. and South Lake Shore Blvd..
- Southbound only traffic (one lane) continued along the east side of East 222nd Street from Babbitt Road to Tracy Ave..
- Two-way traffic continued between Tracy Ave. and Lakeland Blvd..
Work planned for next week:
- 6” waterline installation to continue along the west side of East 222nd Street from Fox Ave. to Babbitt Road with sporadic drive access issues expected during installation.
- Pressure grouting of newly constructed waterline casings throughout project to begin.
- Southbound only traffic (one lane) continues along the east side of East 222nd Street from Babbitt Road to Tracy Ave..
- Two-way traffic (one lane in each direction) continues between Tracy Ave. and Lakeland Blvd..
Please call the City of Euclid Public Service Department at 216-289-2701 if there are any questions or concerns.
As you are aware, East 222nd Street is long overdue for a rehabilitation. The City of Euclid is excited to announce that starting this June, this long-needed project is set to begin. The project limits are from St. Clair Avenue to Babbitt Road, and will entail:
- New curbing
- Drainage repairs
- Sanitary sewer repairs
- New waterline
- Pavement resurfacing
- Full depth pavement repairs
- New signs
- New drive aprons
- Sidewalk replacement (where needed)
- New ADA ramps
As with any construction project, there will be delays and inconveniences. In order to allow the contractor sufficient room to work, two-way traffic cannot be maintained. This will require northbound traffic to be detoured, while southbound traffic will be maintained.
The detour route will be signed and will follow St. Clair Ave. to Babbit Road. The project is scheduled for completion in late fall 2018, and the directional detour, one-way traffic scheme, will be active through the entire project duration. The contractor is required to notify the property owners during times on planned water outages, and drive apron closure.
As with any construction project there may be unplanned water outages, temporary road closures, noise, etc. We will work hard to keep the disruptions down to a minimum, but we ask that you be patient.