E. 222nd Street Reconstruction Project
September 14, 2018
Work completed this past week:
- Curb, brick strip, sidewalk, drive approach and pavement removals continued along the east side of East 222nd St. between Tracy Ave. and South Lake Shore Blvd..
- Installation of underdrain and pouring of concrete curb, concrete pavement and sidewalk continued along the east side of East 222nd St. between Tracy Ave. and South Lake Shore Blvd..
- Water service connections continued along the east side of East 222nd St. from Tracy Ave. to South Lake Shore Blvd.
- Sanitary sewer service work began at the Police Station.
Work planned for the coming week:
- Water service connections to continue along the west side of East 222nd St. from Fuller Ave. to South Lake Shore Blvd.
- Watermain and fire hydrant installation work to restart along the east side of East 222nd St. from South Lake Shore Boulevard to the north.
- Curb, brick strip, sidewalk, drive approach and pavement removals to continue along the east side of East 222nd St. between Tracy Ave. and South Lake Shore Blvd..
- Pouring of sidewalk, drive approaches and pavement continues along the east side of East 222nd St. between Tracy Ave. and South Lake Shore Blvd..
- Sanitary sewer service work continues at the Police Station.
Please call the City of Euclid Public Service Department at 216-289-2701 if there are any questions or concerns.
As you are aware, East 222nd Street is long overdue for a rehabilitation. The City of Euclid is excited to announce that starting this June, this long-needed project is set to begin. The project limits are from St. Clair Avenue to Babbitt Road, and will entail:
- New curbing
- Drainage repairs
- Sanitary sewer repairs
- New waterline
- Pavement resurfacing
- Full depth pavement repairs
- New signs
- New drive aprons
- Sidewalk replacement (where needed)
- New ADA ramps
As with any construction project, there will be delays and inconveniences. In order to allow the contractor sufficient room to work, two-way traffic cannot be maintained. This will require northbound traffic to be detoured, while southbound traffic will be maintained.
The detour route will be signed and will follow St. Clair Ave. to Babbit Road. The project is scheduled for completion in late fall 2018, and the directional detour, one-way traffic scheme, will be active through the entire project duration. The contractor is required to notify the property owners during times on planned water outages, and drive apron closure.
As with any construction project there may be unplanned water outages, temporary road closures, noise, etc. We will work hard to keep the disruptions down to a minimum, but we ask that you be patient.