EdChoice Scholarship Program
EdChoice Scholarship Program Summer Application Window Opens July 1
Eligible students have until July 31 to apply for scholarships to be used toward private school tuition
COLUMBUS, Ohio (June 28, 2018) – The summer application window for Ohio’s EdChoice Scholarship Program opens on Sunday, July 1, for eligible students interested in applying for a scholarship for the 2018-19 school year. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.
EdChoice scholarships are available to students who are attending, entering or assigned to attend the state’s underperforming public schools. There are currently more than 250 schools on the Ohio Department of Education’s list of EdChoice designated public schools.
A student is eligible to apply for the EdChoice Scholarship Program if he or she is one of the following:
- A student who is currently enrolled and attending one of the schools on the list in their district of residence
- A student who is currently enrolled in a charter school, but would otherwise be assigned to one of the schools on the list
- A student who is currently enrolled and attending a public school in their district or a charter school who is assigned to attend one of the schools on the list for the upcoming school year
- A student who is enrolling in an Ohio school for the first time and is assigned to one of the schools on the list
- A student who is entering kindergarten this fall and will be five years old by Jan. 1, 2019, who is assigned to one of the schools on the list
The state-funded scholarships are worth up to $4,650 per year for students in grades K-8 and up to $6,000 each year for high school students. They are to be used toward tuition at the participating private school of the family’s choice. Once a student receives a scholarship, he or she can continue to renew the scholarship through high school graduation. Current private school students are not eligible to apply.
Families who have questions about scholarship eligibility or how to apply can contact School Choice Ohio at 1-800-673-5876.
School Choice Ohio is the only statewide organization that educates families on the full range of education options available for their children in grades K-12. For more information about Ohio’s scholarship programs or the wide variety of education options available to Ohio students, visit www.scohio.org.