The City of Euclid accepts the Blue Star Memorial Marker
The Blue Star Memorial Marker Program
The City of Euclid accepts the Blue Star Memorial Marker from the Lakeshore Garden Club, Marsha Brickman, President.
The Blue Star Memorial Marker Program was adopted in 1945 by National Garden Clubs, Inc. (formerly National Council Of State Garden Clubs, Inc.), to honor the men and women of the Armed Forces of WWII. This program was the first nation-wide beautification program initiated by National Garden Clubs. Highways were dedicated as Blue Star Memorial Highways, with a marker surrounded by gardens along thousands of miles throughout our country.
The Blue Star program was later expanded to pay tribute to "All who have served, are serving and will serve" and memorial signs may be placed at veterans facilities, national cemeteries, parks, and many other civic locations.