Euclid Soccer Academy
The Euclid Soccer Academy is run each summer for boys and girls between the ages of 3-12. All participants are required to wear shin-guards, and cleats are optional for children ages 6 and up. Games are held on Saturday mornings beginning at 9:00am at the Babbitt Road Soccer Fields in Memorial Park.
Registration for the 2017 season will be available in April
- The Euclid Soccer Academy will not split into tradition teams. Practices will be held one day a week for each age group. Games will be held on Saturday mornings.
- Games will be played 4x4 (plus a goalie for ages 6-12). All participants will begin at 9:00am and play pickup style games. Players not in the game will participate in instructional drills to enhance their skills. Every 5 Mintues, players and positions will change
- The whistle will be blown and play stopped when the ball is kicked out of bounds, kicked wide of the goal or when a handball occurs. The referee will instruct the players when it is a corner kick, free kick or a throw in.
- 3-5 year olds will not use corner kicks and throw ins. The ball will be reset at midfield and awarded to the non-offending team.
- Players must wear soccer style shin guards. Soccer style cleats are optional for 6-11 year olds.
- Coaches , players, parents are reminded that the Euclid Recreation Soccer Academy program is a recreational /instructional in nature and as such everyone is asked to maintain an environment that is FUN for all participants.
- All coaches and referees are volunteers. Any problems should be taken to Ben Perpar.
- There will be no overtime. Games tied at the end of a game will be a tie.